Public Safety – Emergency Management
The Town of Middlefield is dedicated to the safety and emergency preparedness of its residents and businesses. The Emergency Management Department develops and organizes the Emergency Operations Plan for the Town of Middlefield. Emergency Management coordinates with the Middlefield Volunteer Fire Department, Resident State Troopers and other town agencies in the event of an emergency situation. We prepare and assist in the organization and direction of local and state resources during a town emergency.
Reminder, hurricane season is June 1st through November 3rd.
View the Are You Ready Hurricane Season (PDF).
The Emergency Management Department functions are:
- Emergency Planning, Organization and Resource Management
- Safety of our Residents, Schools and Businesses
- Safer Middlefield-Emergency Notification System (Everbridge online sign-up).
- Public Access to Emergency Services for Different Types of Emergency Situations
- Maintain Our Emergency Shelter, Equipment and Supplies
- Assist Our Senior Center in the Event of a Town Emergency
- Emergency Alert System
The Town of Middlefield suggests that you sign up for the Emergency Notification System.
Middlefield's Emergency Shelter is at Memorial School located at 124 Hubbard Street in Middlefield, CT. Emergency notifications regarding the status of our shelter will be sent by the Emergency Notification System, the town website, and/or local radio and new stations.
If anyone is interested in volunteering, applications are available below. Please view the applications and print out the application, and mail it to the Emergency Management department.
Emergency preparedness flyers are available at the Emergency Management Office. Information from these flyers can also be viewed, downloaded and printed for your convenience.
- Application to Volunteer at The Middlefield Emergency Shelter (PDF)
- Application to Volunteer at The Middlefield Senior Center (PDF)
- Application to Volunteer at The Middlefield Triage Facility (PDF)
- Application to Volunteer on The Community Emergency Response Team (PDF)
- Are You Ready (Hurricane Season) (PDF)
- Be Informed (PDF)
- During Extreme Heat (PDF)
- Emergency Contact Information for Family Members (PDF)
- Emergency Kit Checklist (PDF)
- Emergency Supply List (PDF)
- Family Disaster Plan (PDF)
- Get a Pet Emergency Supply Kit (PDF)
- Home Shelter Kit (PDF)
- Lightning Safety Tips (PDF)
- Portable Generator Hazards (PDF)
- Portable Generator Safety (PDF)
- Preparation for People with Disabilities and Special Needs (PDF)
- Tips for Preventing Heat-Related Illness (PDF)
- Wallet Emergency Card (PDF)